Skip to main content

Football: Benitez Facing Possible Sack After El Classico Destruction

rafa-rafael-benitez-real-madrid-barcelona-el-clasico_3380031
Guillem Balague, a leading La Liga expert, says Real Madrid president Florentino Perez will “probably get rid of” manager Rafa Benitez after the sobering 4-0 defeat by Barcelona at the Bernabeu.

The La Liga champions ran riot at the home of their rivals on Saturday evening, with goals from Neymar, Luis Suarez (2) and Andres Iniesta putting them six points above Real in the Spanish table.
Benitez had lost just once in his first 15 games in charge of Real Madrid following Carlo Ancelotti’s departure in the summer, but Balague believes the impatience at the club is the result of a flawed model, and says Real will most likely soon be looking for a 12th permanent manager this century.
Balague said:
“There is no way whatsoever that this kind of performance – we’re not even talking about the result – but the performance, will have no consequences. It has to have consequences. That’s how Real Madrid works.
“That means of course that Florentino Perez will probably get rid of the manager, and if that’s the case, what is next? Yet another manager.
barcelona-real-madrid-clasico-el_3379911
“This is a problem for Real Madrid that will not change unless the whole idea and whole philosophy changes.
“The business plan is brilliant – they’re very, very rich. The football plan is very poor, and under Florentino Perez they have won one league in seven years, which suggests that his idea of putting big names on the pitch does not work.
“Of course, Rafa is not the only one to blame, but it’s almost much easier to get rid of the manager.”
Do you think Real Madrid will sack Benitez after the El Classico result?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases Confirmed In Plateau

Dr. Kuden Kamshak, the Plateau State Commissioner for Health, has confirmed that five cases of Lassa fever have been detected in Jos, the state capital. However, he said that the patients were responding to treatment.  He said: “So far, we have only five cases and they are responding to treatment. We have advised doctors not to keep patients for so long in the hospital to avoid contact and spread.”

Abuja shut down as celebrities storm Mallam Yankee's birthday bash

Kehinde Adegbite, popularly known as Mallam Yankee as well as the Jagaban of entertainment has added another year. Like it has always been,  Mallam Yankee who is the CEO of the Bank Club Abuja will be hosting different celebrities at the Bank Club in Abuja as he marks his birthday this Saturday, 18 Feb. 2016. 

Cesc Fabregas the ‘Rat’ who turned against Mourinho? Nothing could be further from the truth [Telegraph]

Jose Mourinho’s sacking at Chelsea has led to all sort of plot twists and intrigue. Far from a routine results-oriented sacking, there was a lot more to Mourinho’s sacking than meets the eye, the conspiracy theorists insist. A narrative of a dressing room mutiny has persisted throughout the season, and ultimately proved to be Mourinho’s downfall – again if you believe in the smoke and mirrors stuff.