Skip to main content

Sambo Dasuki Replies Buhari For Ordering His Arrest

Embattled former NSA, Colonel Sambo Dasuki has described reports that President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered his arrest, over alleged siphoning of billions of dollars earmarked for arms purchases, as not only surprising but embarrassing.

According to the ex-NSA, the 13-man panel set up by Buhari to audit the procurement of arms and equipment in the Armed Forces and Defence sector from 2007 to date, never invited him (Dasuki) formally or informally to appear before it, wondering how it (the panel) came up with the interim report without hearing from him.
Responding to the order by Buhari to arrest him, the ex-NSA said:

“I have never been invited formally or informally to appear before the panel. I am therefore not only surprised but embarrassed by seeming indictment by the panel purportedly operating from Office of the National Security Adviser that never contacted me.
“For the record, I am proud to serve my nation with the best of intention and ensuring the recovery of more than 22 local government councils from Boko Haram terrorists.
“Because of the pride on how we tackled terrorism and defeated Boko Haram terrorists through our gallant troops and partners in the twilight of the previous administration, that is the reason I have insisted on open and public trial of my stewardship rather than secret trial in the court as being canvassed by my prosecutors.”
“I wish Nigerians will go back and reflect on what we did with even little or no supports from some countries, we performed miracles before the emergence of this administration. Even though the committee was to investigate procurement from 2007 to 2015, yet only my name is always being mentioned even when some of the issues were before I came into the government.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases Confirmed In Plateau

Dr. Kuden Kamshak, the Plateau State Commissioner for Health, has confirmed that five cases of Lassa fever have been detected in Jos, the state capital. However, he said that the patients were responding to treatment.  He said: “So far, we have only five cases and they are responding to treatment. We have advised doctors not to keep patients for so long in the hospital to avoid contact and spread.”

Abuja shut down as celebrities storm Mallam Yankee's birthday bash

Kehinde Adegbite, popularly known as Mallam Yankee as well as the Jagaban of entertainment has added another year. Like it has always been,  Mallam Yankee who is the CEO of the Bank Club Abuja will be hosting different celebrities at the Bank Club in Abuja as he marks his birthday this Saturday, 18 Feb. 2016. 

Cesc Fabregas the ‘Rat’ who turned against Mourinho? Nothing could be further from the truth [Telegraph]

Jose Mourinho’s sacking at Chelsea has led to all sort of plot twists and intrigue. Far from a routine results-oriented sacking, there was a lot more to Mourinho’s sacking than meets the eye, the conspiracy theorists insist. A narrative of a dressing room mutiny has persisted throughout the season, and ultimately proved to be Mourinho’s downfall – again if you believe in the smoke and mirrors stuff.