Skip to main content

BH attacks: Borno govt restricts movement from Dec 31st till Jan 2nd

In a bid to stop any possible attack by Boko Haram members during the New Year celebration, the Borno state government has announced the restriction of vehicular movement as from 5.00pm Thursday 31st December 2015, to 6.00am on Saturday 2nd January 2016.
Borno State Commissioner of Information, Mohammed Bulama, made this known to newsmen today December 31st


“The measure becomes necessary in order to further safeguard lives and property of law abiding citizens in the state. While wishing you a hitch free new year, members of the public are please requested to be more vigilant and security conscious throughout the period and report any suspicious person or movement to the nearest security agency. We wish to assure the good people of Borno state and indeed all law abiding citizens that every step is being taken by government and military authorities to root out terrorists causing mayhem in the society,” Bulama had told KSM News.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases Confirmed In Plateau

Dr. Kuden Kamshak, the Plateau State Commissioner for Health, has confirmed that five cases of Lassa fever have been detected in Jos, the state capital. However, he said that the patients were responding to treatment.  He said: “So far, we have only five cases and they are responding to treatment. We have advised doctors not to keep patients for so long in the hospital to avoid contact and spread.”

Abuja shut down as celebrities storm Mallam Yankee's birthday bash

Kehinde Adegbite, popularly known as Mallam Yankee as well as the Jagaban of entertainment has added another year. Like it has always been,  Mallam Yankee who is the CEO of the Bank Club Abuja will be hosting different celebrities at the Bank Club in Abuja as he marks his birthday this Saturday, 18 Feb. 2016. 

Cesc Fabregas the ‘Rat’ who turned against Mourinho? Nothing could be further from the truth [Telegraph]

Jose Mourinho’s sacking at Chelsea has led to all sort of plot twists and intrigue. Far from a routine results-oriented sacking, there was a lot more to Mourinho’s sacking than meets the eye, the conspiracy theorists insist. A narrative of a dressing room mutiny has persisted throughout the season, and ultimately proved to be Mourinho’s downfall – again if you believe in the smoke and mirrors stuff.