Skip to main content

Photo: Meet a father whose two daughters were kidnapped by Boko haram

55-year-old former businessman Mai Mutti pictured above fled Bama with thousands of others after Boko Haram members attacked their community in 2014, killing his 24 year old son and abducting two of his daughter.

“I was in bed when they came at dawn. I was nursing the gunshot wound they inflicted on me in an earlier attack,” he told BBC in an interview .
He now lives in the Dalori IDP camp with his two wives, 10 other children and three grandchildren.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases Confirmed In Plateau

Dr. Kuden Kamshak, the Plateau State Commissioner for Health, has confirmed that five cases of Lassa fever have been detected in Jos, the state capital. However, he said that the patients were responding to treatment.  He said: “So far, we have only five cases and they are responding to treatment. We have advised doctors not to keep patients for so long in the hospital to avoid contact and spread.”

Abuja shut down as celebrities storm Mallam Yankee's birthday bash

Kehinde Adegbite, popularly known as Mallam Yankee as well as the Jagaban of entertainment has added another year. Like it has always been,  Mallam Yankee who is the CEO of the Bank Club Abuja will be hosting different celebrities at the Bank Club in Abuja as he marks his birthday this Saturday, 18 Feb. 2016. 

Cesc Fabregas the ‘Rat’ who turned against Mourinho? Nothing could be further from the truth [Telegraph]

Jose Mourinho’s sacking at Chelsea has led to all sort of plot twists and intrigue. Far from a routine results-oriented sacking, there was a lot more to Mourinho’s sacking than meets the eye, the conspiracy theorists insist. A narrative of a dressing room mutiny has persisted throughout the season, and ultimately proved to be Mourinho’s downfall – again if you believe in the smoke and mirrors stuff.