Skip to main content

Chelsea Owner, Abrahamovic Confirms Conte As New Coach

 Conte_Chelsea_Coach
 Chelsea owner, Roman Abrahamovic has reportedly confirmed that formerly Italy coach, Antonio Conte will take over the management of the Stamford Bridge team from Dutchman Guus Hiddink.
According to reports from Italy and British media on Thursday, Abramovich has informed his players that Antonio Conte will be taking charge at Stamford Bridge next season.

Highly respected Italian sports publication Corriere dello Sport says Abramovich confirmed the news to the squad at the Cobham training ground on February 26, the eve of the team’s clash with Southampton.
Former England boss Fabio Capello, meanwhile, has backed Conte to succeed at Chelsea, but warned his compatriot he must learn the language.
Capello said:-
“His communication with the players will also be fundamental. I myself had a difficult experience in Russia where I always had to speak through a translator.
“It was not easy, because the players always expect that extra word from the coach, the decisive statement to let you understand or change something.”
He addded:-
“Conte is preparing for Chelsea. He has the time to arrive and train Chelsea in the best way, as this is an important club.
“I think the most important thing will be the team he is able to put on the field. He needs defenders and there aren’t that many around.”
And according to TransferMarketWeb, Conte has agreed a plan of action with Chelsea chiefs and told them to land Paris St-Germain midfielder Blaise Matuidi.
The France international is under contract at PSG until 2018 but it’s claimed he could seek a move this summer with the French champions looking for around £21m.
Conte_Chelsea_Coach

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five Fresh Lassa Fever Cases Confirmed In Plateau

Dr. Kuden Kamshak, the Plateau State Commissioner for Health, has confirmed that five cases of Lassa fever have been detected in Jos, the state capital. However, he said that the patients were responding to treatment.  He said: “So far, we have only five cases and they are responding to treatment. We have advised doctors not to keep patients for so long in the hospital to avoid contact and spread.”

Abuja shut down as celebrities storm Mallam Yankee's birthday bash

Kehinde Adegbite, popularly known as Mallam Yankee as well as the Jagaban of entertainment has added another year. Like it has always been,  Mallam Yankee who is the CEO of the Bank Club Abuja will be hosting different celebrities at the Bank Club in Abuja as he marks his birthday this Saturday, 18 Feb. 2016. 

Cesc Fabregas the ‘Rat’ who turned against Mourinho? Nothing could be further from the truth [Telegraph]

Jose Mourinho’s sacking at Chelsea has led to all sort of plot twists and intrigue. Far from a routine results-oriented sacking, there was a lot more to Mourinho’s sacking than meets the eye, the conspiracy theorists insist. A narrative of a dressing room mutiny has persisted throughout the season, and ultimately proved to be Mourinho’s downfall – again if you believe in the smoke and mirrors stuff.